SHERATON DUBAI CREEK HOTEL & TOWERS


Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel and Towers is a nice hotel. It is grand, but you can tell that the hotel is not a new one. There is something about it that makes you feel it needs some updating.

Checking in at reception, late at night, as flights to Dubai normally reach at night, was extreeeeeemely slow. I am not sure how many questions I got asked... which probably could have been done when reserving the room. I had my voucher... but still... questions and questions. Excuse me man! I want to go to bed... I was thinking. And I was lucky, as I was the first one to reach the desk from a large group. I wonder when the next group of Argentineans would have reached their room.

The elevators were on the opposite corner of the entrance, which was a bit of a nuisance, as my room was just on top of the main entrance... So my "promenades" in and out of the hotel were spectacularly long... I feel they need to improve this.

The room was nice and spacious. Big bed (as I normally ask) and plenty of pillows. I tend to only need one, but watching TV in bed always requires a few more. The room was clean, but my complaint would be that, facing the main road, the noise isolation was not very good. Also, the fountain in the lobby made a constant noise. I was too tired by the end of day to have these affecting my sleep, but I wonder how other people with lighter sleeping habits would manage.

The shower was good... and so was the smell of the soaps... Sometimes you go to certain hotels that have extremely scented soaps... which really, put me off. It was not the case here... I really liked it.

Breakfast was good... although not first class. Horrendous juices, of course, not fresh. Artificial egg liquid for omelettes (I am sure it has a name, but I don't recall it now). This is really important for me... so I opted to get fried eggs. Fruit, however, was impressively tasty, sweet and abundant, so... I got a lot of it.

I had my breakfast in the outside terrace, which was a bit hot and had some smoke from smokers... but was worth it to overlook the creek, watching the waterbuses pass by, and the skyscrapers in front of you... A bit of relaxation to start with before a stressing day.

Checking out was way faster than checking in...although they tried to charge extra for my breakfast, which was included in the voucher. Strange! So beware of the charges.

Another negative point was the charge for Internet in the room. A totally unacceptable high price.

It is a good hotel, but I am not sure whether I would go back again. I would definitely try to go to the nearby Radisson, which is closer to Union Metro Station, and probably, would offer free Internet, as it is customary in those hotels.

SHERATON DUBAI CREEK HOTEL & TOWERS
Baniyas Street/Creek Road
Po Box 4250
Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971-4-2281111
reservationsdubaiuae@sheraton.com
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 Response to "SHERATON DUBAI CREEK HOTEL & TOWERS"

  1. Unknown says:
    October 6, 2017 at 3:01 AM

    Normalerweise lese ich Artikel in Blogs nicht, aber ich möchte sagen, dass dieser Artikel mich sehr unter Druck gesetzt hat, es zu versuchen! Dein Schreibstil hat mich überrascht. Vielen Dank, sehr guter Beitrag. Hotels Frankfurt-Oder

  2. Unknown says:
    October 18, 2021 at 10:57 PM

    I read this post fully regarding the difference of hottest and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article. Sheffield Pizza Takeaway

Post a Comment